This small chapel is part of the Old Town’s Church of the Holy Mother of God and is thought to have been built during the reign of Ivan Alexander around the year 1355. Over the centuries it fell into a state of disrepair. An attempt to restore the building was made in the 19th century, but due to government restrictions, the restorations were unsuccessful and the chapel was completely rebuilt. The current structure dates back to 1835. It contains icons by the painters Zahari Zograf and Dimitar Zograf.