Safari in the Wild and Beautiful Rhodopes
A unique wildlife safari tour of the Rhodope mountains with an experienced guide. You will have the opportunity to observe the animals that inhabit these woods – brown bears, wolves, foxes, chamois, red deer, roe deer, wild boars, mouflons, capercaillie, hares, badgers, wildcats depending on the season – and to get familiar with their behavior. The guide will show you how to identify the tracks of various wild animals and teach you to survive in the wilderness.
Horse-riding enthusiasts have the chance to go on an invigorating ride if they wish. The excursion will also take you on a hike down an especially entertaining eco-trail scattered with bridges, wooden steps, rest stops, rivers overflowing with trout, a stunning waterfall, and the ruins of a Bulgarian fortress dating back to the 6-8th century AD.
You will also learn legends and interesting facts about the mythical Rhodope mountain and visit some of its major landmarks – the Trigrad Gorge, the Devil's Throat cave and Yagodina cave, and the Elephant rock formation. You can take a dip and unwind in the warm outdoor mineral water pool, open all year round.
To add some extra thrill to your holiday, take advantage of our enduro adventure and experience an adrenaline-filled off-road motorcycle ride.
• Full immersion in the luxuriant forests of the Rhodope mountain
• Get acquainted with the Rhodopes’ wildlife and culture
• Grab the unique opportunity to observe a brown bear and a variety of other wild animals, all in one place
• Accommodation in a beautiful forest lodge
• Taste the delicious cuisine of the Rhodope region, such as the so called Rhodope patatnik
• Discover some of the natural phenomena of the mountain
• Enjoy the curative hot mineral water in the outdoor swimming pools and the unique mineral water aqua park
• Binoculars provided
• Relax and let the your daily worries melt away on this holiday retreat
The first day begins with a transfer from Plovdiv to the mountain lodge nestled in the forest. You will have to settle into the lodge, get acquainted with the guide and watch a presentation on the programme. Around 4 PM you head for the covered high seat for your first afternoon of observing wild animals. Overnight at the lodge.
The day starts with breakfast. 9 to 12 AM will be spent approaching wild animals in the forest under the supervision of a professional guide. For lunch, there’s a big picnic complete with a campfire scheduled from 12 AM to 2 PM. The day continues on with an observation of the woodland animals from a high seat.
After breakfast, you once again head out to the woods. From 9 to 12 AM you’ll be approaching wild animals with the help of your guide. This is followed by a nice relaxing dip in the outdoor mineral water pool. Afterwards you’ll be having a delicious trout meal for lunch at the same swimming complex. Late in the afternoon, around 4 PM, you’ll be watching wild animals from a high seat.
On the final day of the trip, we’ll be visiting the Trigrad Gorge and its famous Devil’s Throat cave. After that, we’ll be heading towards Yagodina cave. Lunch is in the nearby village of Yagodina, after which we depart for Plovdiv.
The price includes
• An experienced nature tour guide
• Transfer from Plovdiv
• Transfers in the area by jeep 4x4
• 3 overnights in a mountain lodge on a half board basis
• An interpreter
• The use of auto-focus binoculars
• Entrance fees for the caves and the pools
The price does not include
• Flights to/from Bulgaria
Suitable for individual tourists and small groups up to 10 persons.
Duration: 4 days/3 overnights
We customize the safari to suit your particular interests.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Birdwatching in Southeastern Bulgaria
Birdwatching in Bulgaria. Observe Bulgaria's wildlife along the coast and in the Rhodope Mountains.
Go on a herping adventure with a herpetologist to show you the different kinds of serpents and the beauty of the Bulgarian nature, a unique outdoor activity.