Wine meets culture in Starosel
Discover the finest wine Bulgaria has to offer in an exquisite winery in Starosel. Take a tour of the wine cellar and learn about the winemaking techniques employed by the ancient Thracians.
• Wine tasting of 3 wines and 3 rakias
• Visit to a Thracian tomb from the 4th century BC
• Experienced tour guide
• Relax in a swimming pool of mineral water
• Lunch in a traditional restaurant
The Winery was built in 2005 and has capacity of 1000 tons of grapes, as well as special production technology for Bulgaria – specific fermentation and grape selection technique.
The enologists and winemakers from Starosel wine cellar follow the tradition of the ancient Thracians who left us a gift in the art of making and drinking wine and keep their technique alive. And if you want to drink wine as our ancestors did, come to a tasting in the unique “Temple of Wine”, which is constructed in the style of the old Thracian tomb found in the village!
Price per person
• For a group of 6 or more: 80 €
• For a group of 2-5: 100 €
• For individual tourists: 140 €
Inclusions / exclusions
The price includes
• Professional tour guide
• A tour of the wine cellar
• Wine and rakia tasting with appetizers (3 wines and 3 types of rakia/fruit brandy)
Винарска Изба "Старосел", Wine & Spa, 4175 Starosel, Bulgaria
Starting point - Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Summer, Winter, Spring, Autumn
Live tour guide available in English
Maxiumum number of participants - 15 people